I took the challenge from Stacy Julian to see what is in my purse and then think about what the contents say about me. So, here are the contents of my purse.
-I often change bags, and so keep just the basics. I do hope that I keep my life with only the essentials as well.
-The colored pencils are to keep me occupied while I wait (and waiting seems to happen more and more often), as is the sketch book.
-I do not keep receipts, which may be a deplorable lack of follow through on my part, or just shows that I want to keep my purse as clutter-free as possible. I usually change my purse every other day, and the less things I have to transfer, the better.
-The rest are basic things, the 'life-saving' items that most women carry around, spare lip gloss, nail file for random inopportune chips/breaks, the mirror to distract small unhappy children, all my supermarket 'savings' cards, and lotion for the terminally dry skin (even with all the humidity).
-Perhaps the only thing that I find unusual in my purse is the amount of pens. Not just one, two or even three, no no, I have a grand total of NINE ink pens. Two are sharpies, three are my favorite Pilot Precise V5, two colored inks, one from my sister's bank and one hotel pen from Disneyworld. Why do I need so many pens? I don't. But as I'm rushing around the house, thinking of all that I need, that I'm doing, will need to do, plan on doing or contemplate the possibility of doing, I pick up pens. And so when I leave my house I have several. Several.
I guess the best thing about my purse, I think, is that my husband knows what's in it too. For some that may be more invasive than desired, but I am comfortable with it. In fact, half the time Eric will pack my bag for me, transfer items from one bag to the next, depending on my mood, throwing in different things to brighten my day, or show me he is thinking of me. I love it.
How do these contents show who I am? Simple, useful, tidy, unfortunately predictable and more prepared than otherwise. I think I'm okay with that.
What is in your purse?
lol you didn't mention the scissors, pencil sharpener, gum, OR the wallet... hmmm an error? or intentional... HELP!? hehe :) love ya marianne
ReplyDeleteI don't want to admit what. It says too much about me.
ReplyDelete