Often it is the everyday things that capture my attention and remind me of memories, the taste of a homemade syrup, freshly laundered sheets, the smell of a book from the library.
I remember as a child that the library was always one of the most exciting places I knew. The books, the pictures, the long bike ride to get there, or the early morning drop so that Mom didn't have a late fee on our books.... and the more I grew, then the researching and obscure book hunting (yes, I wrote papers from books, not the internet) late at night before my sixth grade project was due.... All these things I am reminded of while looking at this picture.
Challenge: Pull out an odd picture, and what triggers in your mind? Write it down, preferably in a journal or file it away. Our minds are amazing things, but sometimes having a visual reminder can unlock surprising results!
These pictures do not do justice to the waddle that Seth had as he struggled to keep up with the 'big boys' and hold his book at the same time, but the thought is there....
I want to waddle!
ReplyDeleteThank you for who you are and what you do for me and so many others. I love you.
ReplyDelete