Monday, January 18, 2010

All a little queasy...

So often when I am sick, I have a difficult time trying to describe my symptoms--and an even more difficult time trying to diagnose What It Is I Have. Working in a health care setting really doesn't help things at all. If I show the slightest bit of 'headache' 'nausea' 'abdominal pain' 'flu like symptoms' or anything out of my norm, I am immediately badgered with questions asking me to tell them What Is Wrong.
Now, if it was just to say what I feel like, I might have more luck... but more often then not the questions are something like this:
"Oh, so do you think you have a stomach virus?" (What does that feel like? I don't go to the MD enough)
"You are probably pregnant, right?" (Probably not, really unlikely, considering all things)
"Think its the flu, honey?" (Again, I've been blessed to never have the flu, so that doesn't help me 'know' what this feels like)
Rarely do they ask, so what hurts? What does it feel like? Today though, even those basic Doctor-asking questions were too much for me. What do I feel like? *ughhhawwe* doesn't usually translate in to a diagnosis + make-me-better medicine. It wasn't until 2 hours after I am languishing in bed, that Eric comes home with a song stuck in his head, that I find the words to what I feel like. Who knew that Katy Perry knew better than me, what I feel like?
" 'Cause you're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in then you're out
You're up then you're down"

All good descriptions of me, and this yuckiness. I'll spare you the graphic interpretations of this song, and how it relates to me, but I am sure that you can only imagine...

" 'Cause you're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in then you're out
You're up then you're down"

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. o sad day... and i feel even worse at the fact that your super awesome sarcastic sense of humor (even when sick) made me laugh at that last part.... LOVES!!!

    ReplyDelete