Saturday, January 23, 2010

A fish out of water...

What do you get when you combine a stick, some string, a magnet and paper-clipped-fish?? Hours of fun and entertainment! Benjamin LOVED to fish. But he didn't want to get in the 'water', so he would sit on the couch. The 'water' didn't bother Seth at all, he just waited until Benjamin reeled the fish in and then he would grab 'em.
Ah the fun games that entertain children! (And, incidentally, YW too! I used these fish to teach a lesson the other week. Using the "Teach a man to fish" analogy, I hoped to show the girls that learning Motherhood tasks now will be better in the long run than just having their Mothers do mother-things for them right now... at 13 though, the prospect of your own apartment is pretty far off...can't blame them for being apathetic towards cooking/cleaning/organizing and baby watching)
But, back at the ranch. Wouldn't you say, that this is just one of the best expressions ever? (No, no, not mine... Sqwishy's! ) Child-like wonderment. That is why I want to be a mother. Not really relishing the idea of endless messy diapers, or the concept of never sleeping soundly again... but the joy in their eyes, their laughter when you tickle them, and the love that just emanates from their existence. That I look forward to. Until then though.... I will have to live next to NEPHEWS! (and soon a niece!!)

Seth kept trying to get the hang of catching fish. Benjamin did just fine, as expected for his 'advanced' motor skills.... but I had to help Seth a few times. My favorite was to see his face and hear his squeals of delight when he Got One. It was fantastic. I have tried to post a video below, so that you can see how happy he was! And he even did it all by himself....I have a sneaking suspicion that he liked flinging the fishing pole around as much as fishing with it. :)
Benjamin took a lot of the pictures we have with me in them. Pretty good, don't you think?!



That's right, good bye for now... Maybe more fun later... after nap time of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment