Saturday, February 28, 2009

all creativity needs an out let...

   So... I subscribe to this really great publication called "Cloth Paper Scissors". Normally I don't go in on all the 'craft' mags out there, I have great distain for someone them actually-- but this one is usually GREAT. This bi-monthly issue was a little disappointing, the paint-tube people were a little 'artsy' for my taste (looking more like a smashed accident then thought and effort--not that every art work needs HOURS of effort....now I am getting into a gray area...) but there were some pieces called 'calico cats'. The artist made them out of wool and scraps, but since Eric is allergic to wool, I don't have much of that lying about--back to the story. So, they (the cats) looked fun and sweet, and so I tried one out. And so you see the two 'cats' above. Mine look just like the pictures, but I have yet to decide if I like them or not, or if it was just a great way to procrastinate cleaning up the dishes downstairs... They turned out like they were 'supposed' to, but I don't know if they turned out how I would want them to, had I designed them. I guess that is the great thing about making a project your own, you can tailor it to your own quirks, and your own preferences. Joy. Art. Smiles.
    Regardless of what they look like, Eric and I had tons of fun playing with them... and I have decided that they need capes. Because flying kitties are like that, needing capes and things like that. People may not need capes quite as much (seeing as they can get in the way), but kittens enjoy the 'whoosh' noises... and so do I!

No comments:

Post a Comment