
Outside of my childhood home was a bush/tree that we called a 'snowball tree' because of the ball shaped cluster of white blooms. It would bloom in the spring, and for a while we would have hundreds of small white flowers all over our yard. We would pick them from the tree, and arrange them in rows, vases, and dance in the falling flowers. Later as we grew the tree was cut down, but I still love the look of the clustered blooms, and the memories. At our apartment complex there is a straggly bush with the flowers, and every time I see it, I smile.
The snowball tree was sadly cut down only after the severe cold winter one year killed it. I loved the tree too. It took a lot of work on someone's part to prune trim and shape a bush in to that beautiful little snowball tree. Thank you to whom ever had the patience and fore sight to help that little tree become a treasure.
ReplyDelete