Tuesday, March 9, 2010

An Ode To Frank

Recently un-forseen events resulted in a tragedy. I have lost my long time friend Frank. I am at a loss. He was such a comfort to me, and I will morn him greatly.

He and I had an agreement, we never intruded into each other's spaces and respected the need for 'alone time' which is often forgotten when living together. Frank always cleaned up after himself excepting a few bits of things, here and there. I never had to yell or be unhappy with Frank, and he never was hurt if I didn't talk to him.

I will no longer have Frank to tell me if there are cockroaches in the downstairs bathroom, I will no longer have him there to inform me of other nocturnal visitors I would have missed (being asleep of course). He will no longer keep a watch out for other undesired insects, so that I can then notify our landlady.

But the part that burns at my conscious, is that I was thinking just the other day that I should take a picture of Frank. To cement in pixels his contribution to my life.... and now I have missed my chance. Life is fleeting, as is apparent after today's tragedy.

May I post this to my blog, to commemorate our long standing relationship, and my deep appreciation of my downstairs-bathroom-spider-friend Frank. May he find other spaces to dwell, and never forget the corner I saved for him from countless cleanings.

1 comment: