A small smattering of my thankful thoughts. Not always are they uplifting or spiritual, but they are truthful and genuine.
-My thankful thought today is for working tape dispensers that don't gum up every time you use it. I am packing my sister... and I'm so busy--and taking the time to un-gum the dispensing mechanism takes a LOT of time.
-Upon review of my last, shortened email, it is a good thing that you are comfortable with the English language and the assumptions that can be made. For Instance, the last email could have been read that I was actually packing up the body of my sister (and then the imagination leads on from there.....) but, with our ability to discard wild theories (despite how fun and fantastic they may be) you could correctly surmise that I am in actuality packing up my sister's home belongings.
-Today would be a good day for thankfulness of communication, specially between two people of the same language. It is endlessly funny the things that don't come across the same with translation.... ever seen those jokes? Some of my favorites! (ie: Drop you pants here, we do the rest, or when Coors put its slogan, "Turn It Loose," into Spanish, where it was read as "Suffer From Diarrhea."
But today, I am actually thankful for grapefruit. Delicious red-pink flesh lightly sugared with sweet juice. Ahh, breakfast :)
-Cleanliness is what I am thankful for today. Yesterday my husband worked at keeping the dished up all day, as we cooked and did things around the kitchen. I am so happy this morning not to see a mess around my house. I love cleanliness!
-Oh happy Wednesday, oh happy Wednesday. This week has been a long week. .... Can I be thankful for things I don't have? This is awkward, but I am thankful for the lifestyle that allows me to know I don't have any std's. There seems to be an epidemic right now, that I have become more and more thankful that I don't have to worry or think about that. It never will be an issue, and I am thankful for that.
-Today I am thankful for tissues with lotion. I know, it seems like a small thing, but I am so thankful for it. I used half a box just today, during church. My pile of used tissues were over taking my table while I taught. I laughed the entire time... and then apologized to my girls for my gross nasal drip. I am okay with being sick, I am just very thankful for soft tissues. The tissues do help prevent some chapping.... but we shall see what happens by tomorrow.
Puffs don't cut it, but I love the expensive Kleenex+Lotion.-Today I am thankful for bubble baths.
-Today is brought to us by the letter C. I am thankful for camping today. Eric is going off with the scouts tonight for the camp out.... while I stay behind. Sadly girls aren't allowed with the 11 yr old scouts... I hope though, that we will be able to go camping soon! It gets so nice and warm here earlier than I am use to.... and I want to take advantage of it! I love being with nature... but I definitely appreciate a bath later too :)
-Today "D" brings us to Daylight. I would have said sunlight... but doesn't start with 'd'! I love the light streaming through my windows. Reminds me of the song "sunlight, in my window, makes me happy, like a should be" from 10 things I Hate about You. The night can seem so long, and I am thankful for the morning-- both metaphorical and physical dawn. I am a morning person, definitely.
No comments:
Post a Comment