But that is neither here nor there... One of recent things I have done concerns the annual 'gingerbread house' creation. This year I participated with my nephews and sister (sadly without Eric, he had to work). We had a great time. Even Seth did all right putting things on our house (he helped me towards the end, he was done with his high chair). Benjamin had trouble getting use to the idea of dirty/messy fingers, but it all came out in the end. Thankfully he didn't know how sweet the icing was, or there would have been some licking :)
This is the bag that I made for my sister Amy. She really liked it! I was so glad that it turned out! I was afraid that it might not, considering all the detours we made along the way--but with Eric helping, I did it, even in time for Christmas! (As long as you don't count the fact we were late for lunch :)
This is one of the bags that I made for my sister Emily. This bag and I had many differences.... That and the pattern just didn't work out the way it should have. Serves me right for following one, it leads me astray!
This bag and I also had a difference of opinion, but I hope it all worked out in the end. Emily is waiting still for these in the mail, so she better not peak at our blog! :) Her bag I patterned after a bag I had made myself, see below. Some how I like it a little better. Maybe it is because the handles are longer.



This bag and I also had a difference of opinion, but I hope it all worked out in the end. Emily is waiting still for these in the mail, so she better not peak at our blog! :) Her bag I patterned after a bag I had made myself, see below. Some how I like it a little better. Maybe it is because the handles are longer.
This is the center piece/table runner (which is not really a 'runner' but more of a blob of color in the middle of my round table) that I finally finished in time for Christmas! I started it last year right after Thanksgiving, but with the move and finishing my last semester of school... it somehow never ended up done--until now! I was very pleased with the result.
This interesting conglomeration is the bag I finished yesterday for myself. (Please do not look closely at the handles, I may never sew striped material again, it was a scarring experience.) The colors of the fabric looked great in the bundle (I would never have put them all together) but when I was looking for the fabric to line it with, I had a lot of difficulty. JoAnn doesn't have a great complimentary selection) but when I laid them out, I felt that it was too overwhelming, too busy, too garish. (I was really sad, because I really liked some of the fabrics) So I went back to JoAnn, looked, hunted, almost gave up, and then I saw them, the green and the darker brown swirly one. In person the colors match a whole lot better than in person.... either way though, I am still trying to get use to the fabrics together. This type of 'matching' is much more FORWARD than I am use to. I have quite conservative tastes otherwise--ie the previous bags.
Either way, I think I like it, and I will take it on a trial run today at church--then over to Mom's for her approval (I hope!) and then dinner.
Wow! Those are beautiful!
ReplyDelete