Sunday, April 19, 2009

Was this a typical Yard Sale Saturday?

This Saturday was pleasantly spent in shopping Yard Sales. I was wonderfully surprised with what I found, and so I thought I would share. I haven't been to garage sales in many years. I have always liked them, but I have worked most Saturday mornings. This Saturday was no exception with many items finding a new home with me....
Most books given away at a yard sale are of poor quality, or not a 'really great book'. These I found at one house and was amazed that the family could part with them! I questioned the lady, and she said that her children no longer needed picture books. No longer needed picture books? I can't conceive of such a state!
This conglomeration of items, sold at a mere $4. The bottle of ModPodge alone has a retail value of $7.99 at JoAnn Fabrics.... while the rest thrown in just makes it better! Have I mentioned that I like deals?
This Bath & Body Work's bag, while not in my normal tastes, was just calling my name and at a dollar price, I answered. It needed a home, amongst my other 43 bags and counting! 
These green totes are now smartly utilized as craft material holders. And those funny looking cylinders you ask? Why, to hold my scissors, or anything else too large for the canisters I already have! Plus the children's classic Stuart Little, at $.25!
These pieces of fabric were already washed, had the benefit of being cheap, and with more variety than I normally choose.... and this shelf has a lot to hold (once I hang it up... someday! :)
And the crowning piece....
    My FIFTY DOLLAR PIANO! (Can I add any more caps to shriek my joy and amazement? :) Seriously in good condition, and all I had to do was watch the boys pick it up and move it! (Huge thanks go out to Dad, Eric, and Jared Andrus for their efforts on behalf of this beautiful piece.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word!! Those are ALL great finds! wow...all I have to say is they definitely don't have Garage...like garbaaage sales in NC! hehehe good scouting holmes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! Especially the picture books. I use being a teacher as an excuse to buy and keep so many, but I don't even bother taking the nice ones to school to get ruined. It's a wonderful obsession!
    And I love that pink bag! Would have been perfect for a stroll to Boyarka Beach!

    ReplyDelete