Monday, September 1, 2008

Renaissance

While browsing the web, I found inspiration. This isn't always the case with the internet, and so I am glad to report a positive aspect of the World Wide Web.
I was reading another blog (surprise!) and was impressed as this woman's drive and ambition. Apart from being an amazing woman to follow, she has the highest drive and expectations. Her goal for the year of 2008 was to improve various aspects of her life, similar to the previous efforts in society (those listed as a Renaissance). One of the points of focus, in addition to Reading, Eating, and Saying No, was an awareness of Self. A understanding of "I". She proposed a list to act as a guideline and a reminder. So, in following her example, here are a few of my own:

I am Blonde.
-no matter how many times I color my hair, I maintain this identity, this sense of self. I do not wish to fall into the trap of those exemplified by 'blonde jokes' but rather recreate a personal reality.

I am loved.
-my Eric provides me with more support and devotion than I ever expected in anyone

I create.
-I am creative, and I want to become more so, but at this point I only confirm that I do create. make things. break things. paint things. paste things. sew things. draw things. just about anything.

I do not like a lot of meat.
-more often I inform people that I am a vegatarian, however this is not entirely truthful. I like chicken when it is fully cooked. I am addicted to John Morrell's bacon strips, and black forest ham is my favorite in a quesadilla. Other than these items, however, I do not relish the taste of animal.

To read the original site of inspiration, I have posted the link below.
http://stacysbigpicture.typepad.com/altogether_too_happy/e-is-for-eat.html

No comments:

Post a Comment