After we realized that it had been over SIX years since we had gone camping together--and with our days off, we took advantage of the beautiful weather and welcomed the Jorgensens for dinner.
How beautiful! We camped right by the edge (and since it was October: no mosquitoes!) and loved the view.
We tried to have red-potatoes in tin foil, and then also tried apple crisp. Red potatoes: good. Apples: let's just say we'll have to try again :)
The kids loved it all. Madeline was so careful, and sat away from the fire really well. The boys fought off the imaginary bad guys threatening our camp :) But the big draw was of course the lake:
(this picture reminds me so much of a picture that I've seen of Amy! one would think they are related ;)
The boys wanted me to get a picture of their rocks, and the splash. I was, of course, happy to oblige. Amy had her hands full with Madeline, who loved every bit of dirt, each rock she could grab, and loved each moment.
After dinner the Jorgensens went home, and we were left in the rapidly cooling air (and some great photo ops :) I loved the colors that I caught in the sky.
The next morning dawned just as cool, but with a mist hanging over the waters (that I could not capture adequately).
It was harder to leave the tent for some of us, than others :) Bats are nocturnal, as we all know.
I love all the pictures and experiences you share! I love you all. Mom
ReplyDelete