For instance, in NYC, I relished this gargoyle-type embellishment more than the Rockefeller Center, or at very least, the sunshine and wind whipping the flags more than the behemoth casting its shadow.
I cherished the moments eked out on a sun-baked rock, or on a rock in shadow posing as a bench...
the endless upward glances as we try to take in the rising structures around us, the clamor interspersed with directional attempts
or a lunch break in a small deli.
Life may be lived in the details, but that means that you need to pick and choose the details (to maintain sanity and perspective) that you want to remember. It is better to remember the fact we slept on a double bed instead of the King we paid for, or that we walked in to a Strawberry Festival that hosted a cake as long as the city block it occupied?
How can I tackle the question "How was your trip" except by answering with details. The broad stroked answers will mollify those asking for social reasons only, but if you really want to know what NYC meant to me--it was in the details.
amazing trip!!!
ReplyDeleteI love what I see via your eyes! I love the details too. It make the ordinary rich and memorable!
ReplyDelete