After Sunday General Conference 2nd session was over, we were invited over for dinner with a family in our new ward. Our task was to bring dessert. I had a few apples, and we thought apple crisp would be easy.
While I showered between sessions, so that we could leave a soon as the second session ended, Eric made the Apple Crisp. It cooled off for 2 hours while we watched conference, then we changed and headed over. We got there just fine, if a few minutes later than expected. I handed over the apple crisp and looked down to see that it some how escaped the tupperware lid, and I some has spilled on my sleeve. I asked for a rag to spot clean, but was greeted by a stunned look.
I looked down, only to see that I was WEARING IT.... and not in just one or two spots. It was all over my sleeve, my stomach looked like it exploded apple slime around my belly button, and my lap was SOAKED through my jeans, through everything else, and through to my backside. It looked like I had an accident. Oh wait. I did... With Crisp. And it was all a sticky, sugary, oatmeal-y apple-crispy mess. My thighs were stuck to my clothes, my shirt was stuck to my pants, and it was seriously everywhere. Every time I turned I would crunch or chafe (depending on how much had dried at that point).
It was so bad.
So they gave my a baby wipe to 'help clean it up' but it was up in places I don't even want to think about anymore. When I realized it had leaked through to my back side, through my thighs, I had to sit on a towel for the rest of the night. Yeah... Because I was LEAKING APPLE CRISP. FOR THE NEXT THREE HOURS. On someone else's couch.
Oh what a great first impression. Needless to say, we talked about embarrassing stories for the entire night. Yep. What a great way to make friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment