Saturday, January 15, 2011

just your average typical day...

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday Morning.
(I know, randomly I had taken a picture of my carrying the tree around... it was rather embarrassing, but provides great texture to this story~)
Saturday afternoon.
 a brief explanation courtesy of Eric's Ipad...

For an extended version, please see Marianne's embarrassment below:



Anyway. Last Wednesday, I was feeling quite ambitious and so I finally took out the Christmas tree. I had the ornaments off already, and all the lights were off within three days after Christmas. But still the tree sat in our front room, sadly dying a little more each day~ Anyway, so I took it out to the truck Wednesday, and it had been sitting there waiting for me to find time to go to the dump. Just sitting in the back of the truck, every day as I went to work, when I went to the grocery store, the camera store, JoAnn's etc. Just sitting there, being so patient. Well, Saturday I figured that I needed to find time to go to the dump. But, one thing then another, and I didn't find time before my lunch date with a girlfriend. So, seeing the tree still in the truck, I climb in the truck and drive to the cafe where we were to meet. Nothing unusual happens, and I arrive safely.

 I thought.

 I get out, and prepare to walk in the cafe. WHEN I REALIZE THAT THE TREE IS NO WHERE TO BE SEEN. It was in the truck when I left our house. BUT IT WAS NOT HERE NOW> Freak out time, followed by hysterical laughter, and I-can't-believe-this-happened-to-me incredulity. And I'm looking around, all the while walking to meet my friend, and calling Eric on the phone with HYSTERICAL GUT WRENCHING LAUGHTER and I'm almost rolling on the cement, worried that the cops are going to show up, having followed me, and tell me I was littering or WORSE, that I killed someone with my Christmas tree...... and all the while laughing and trying to talk to Eric, shaking with all my might. SO FUNNY> Because I have NO idea where it went. Really. I didn't see it FLY OFF ONTO another car... I didn't hear it scrape around, I didn't see the branches flailing about. Nope. Nothing. Just it was there one moment, and gone when I got to my destination. 

Seriously. Who looses a Christmas tree? No one I know of.... Insanity. (Granted, in hindsight I OBVIOUSLY should have tied it down... but it had been there for days without moving at all!) I went back trying to find the tree on the way home, retracing my route but it was gone. Couldn't see it at all. Oops. The Christmas tree went the way of the movie. Who does that? 

4 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!! Wonderful laughter--really added to our Sunday evening!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! I would probably have been just a little more concerned about what happened to the tree than you were, but you were going to throw it away anyway.

    Maybe it was abducted by aliens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I thought!! I truly think it was sucked up into the sky-- where else could it have disappeared to?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all loved the story and the illustrations. I vote for a Scout doing his good deed for the day and removed it from danger.

    ReplyDelete