So. As the story goes we are sitting around the Christmas Dinner feast, Lasagna prepared thoughtfully by the Amy and Justin, and we are all talking. Seth wanting me to 'taste' the ends of each of his fingers, Madeline growling at the Cherrios I just dumped on the high-chair tray, Amy at Justin, Benjamin with something he learned in school, etc etc etc. Just a normal dinner table, where everyone seems to be talking at once, and happiness ebbs around you in a verbal tide.
Trying to follow the playful banter between Justin and I, Benjamin speaks up.
Ben: "Hey, be nice to my Dad!"
mcd: "I am! I'm just giving him a hard time."
Ben: "Why?"
Mcd: "Because it's part of our relationship that we have."
Ben: "Well, don't give my Dad a hard time."
Mcd: "Why not?"
Ben: "Because he's special!"
Laughter erupts, lasagna comes out the nose, and our soft parts hurt from laughing so hard, and so long. All the while the boys just sit there watching the four grown ups across the table and wonder what in the world is going on....
oh the wisdom the comes from the mouths of our little ones :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment