Saturday, February 13, 2010

Life is messy


As it stands, my life is messy. I've been reading this book, which states that most pictures we take only show our life one way. The kids are often smiling, our house is often clean, we usually have make up on.... and so on. We have this perceived reality that shows in our pictures. But then what is reality? What is my reality? And all I could think of, sadly, is that life is messy.
I am saving boxes for my sister's move,
I don't always make my bed, (but see my plant!!)
I do leave dishes in the sink from the night before, (and maybe the night before that...don't tell!)
My craft room is in a constant 'state of use',
Sometimes the clothes in the dryer don't leave the dryer until worn,
But that's why I have him. He keeps things in perspective, and I like that. I can be okay with these little things, because he is. Because he smiles at me, and tells me that he loves me, and doesn't see all the other things I haven't done.
Because, for me, this is reality, un-altered, unadulterated, un-cleaned, and not 'touched up'.
And this is just for the pictures.
Maybe though, we'll use the snow day to clean up... just a bit :) That... or update our blog...

1 comment:

  1. When I go to some people's houses that are completely perfect even if for some reason I am dropping by without giving them time to clean (which I really try not to do) I am not envious, I am confused. Don't these people do anything? Even if it feels like I am cleaning all day, other people live here.
    I like what you said about your craft room being in a constant state of use. My house is in a constant state of use. There are at least two projects covering the dining room table at any given moment. Movies, books, and newspapers are out. I think that's healthy. We live here.

    ReplyDelete