Saturday, October 31, 2009

Orlando Magic

   There are few pictures or scenes so iconic as the Disney Castle... Now having added my face to its immortality, I feel pegged amidst society's expectations. Is one supposed to revere the time spent in this shadow?
    Is one supposed to treasure for always the few hot hours spent in line for a ride better viewed on a TV screen?
    Does one feel vindicated from spending obscene amounts of money on things that last so fleetingly? On obtaining but one picture, or two?
    Does the thrill of ONE ride compensate for the screaming children, the over-indulgent unconscious parents, the mother-on-a-mission-with-a-stroller syndrome, the heat, the bus rides, the car rides, the hours of boredom and annoyance?
Perhaps, amid all of this fooforrah, this chaos demanding to be called order... perhaps the company of friends is intended to supersede the desultory conditions surrounding what is known to locals, as the WDW.

2 comments:

  1. I recognize the couple in front of that "big building". It looks like a picture pose I have seen before. I especially like the contact with the Broom! Come to my house next. But all the smiles are what I love to see best. Your hair is getting long and gorgeous! That teacup shot is WOW! But then so is the shot with Minnie. (I like the outside characters the best!)

    ReplyDelete