Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Sense of Accomplishment

   Few worthwhile things provide an immediate sense of accomplishment, or proof of effort. Things of a spiritual nature often take years to mature into a quantifiable 'advancement' or marked long term effect. Raising children also doesn't happen over night, and so the rewards of constant nurturing are also not often immediately gratifying (or so I've been told). 
   Crafting/sewing/scrapbooking etc is not this way. Usually within a few scant minutes or hours, you can hold in your hand (dirty from the paint/oil/grease/dust/glue etc used to assemble said project) an accomplishment. Lately I have felt the need to justify my time spent by picturing my recent 'accomplishments'. 
   With such an auspicious beginning, the following pictures may precede a sense of 'oh, is that all?'  Yes, this is all, but it has been enough to last the days, the evenings, the hours.
 This is the back, of the first pictured bag

My first apron! (That I can remember anyway, being solely mine)
This was at the beginning of September--much has changed since then--visiting children from next door ripped out my only flowering stalk... and then the others shortly afterwards :( so fleeting, so sad, but it is getting colder, and they wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway--so I am told
Set One, followed by Set Two, finally finished!
I don't really know what I will need so many coasters for, but they were fun to make!

2 comments:

  1. 2nd try to post a comment. I like the bag it looks great, and thanks for putting it on the blog and also for showing the apron. I wanted to see them finished. Super job !! thanks for the new photos of everyone. I want something like that for the christmas letter. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete