Friday, January 9, 2009

    My Lia Sophia party that I had went over so much better than I expected! I was so pleased and happy with my turnout, and here is a post to honor all those that braved the black ice, long distances etc. to come and see me!

--My dearest mothers, both Kathryn and Kay
--My Aunt Laurel and their cousin Cindy
--Jo and her husband Riley (with whom Eric valet-ed cars)
--Sweet Emily and her ride Rhett drove all the way up from Cedar City!!
--My sister-in-law Charlotte came too, even without the other sisters-in-law
--Lisa and Elizabeth from my Ukraine group came, and I found out Elizabeth is pregnant! Congratulations!
--Old high school friend Julie and her husband also made it
--Crystal and her friend Hera stopped by before going back to work
--Rose, my dear friend from school--and my sanity saver, attended
--Ashley from work came, but Ashley from school couldn't (instead we went out to dinner the next day)

    I hardly had time to talk with everyone, but it was wonderful to see everyone smiling and laughing, and to be able to catch up with so many all at once. Moving is difficult, and leaving friends is worse. I shall miss seeing all these people so often! I am told that moving doesn't mean that you won't ever see them again, but it does make it that much harder! The saddest part of the evening, was after everyone had gone home, I realized that I hadn't taken one picture. Not of the food, the people, the snowball fight, nothing. *sigh* My memories will not quite do it the justice I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment